A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 30 June 2021

Posting a Letter

Squeaking under the wire with a card for the June Christmas Cards All Year Round Challenge - "something that starts with K or L".  I chose letter and letterbox.


Stamped, watercoloured, matted with green, and popped up on fun foam on a red card base.  I die cut the sentiment from the same green as the mat and added some glue and glitter on the snowflakes, snow on the letterbox, and snowy ground.


Christmas Cards All Year Round Challenge - "Something that starts with K or L"

I also intended to enter it in the ABC Christmas Challenge "L is for Letters" but just missed the deadline as it's on UK time - darn!   I meant to do the blog post last night but I had my second Covid vaccine yesterday morning and ended up with a headache and feeling really tired last night.

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Crafters Companion
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, glitter, Tattered Lace sentiment die, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!! Love this sweet Christmas scene with the cute pup! The bright red and green are just perfect ... I do love the traditional colours, especially the bright shades. Sorry you had a reaction to your second vaccination. Hope you are feeling better today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. Beautifully watercoloured. The sparkle detail on the snow must look so pretty IRL.

    I heeded the warning of possible bad side effects of the 2nd vaccine shot and didn’t take any chances so I took Advil/Tylenol around the clock for 2 full days. 😂. Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vintage mail box and sweet teddy with your Winter Christmas scene, Susan. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've had your second vaccine but sorry it made you feel bad. Love this little guy with the red letter box! Beautifully colored, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and I love the letterbox. I'm so glad you got your second shot but that it made you feel bad. Hopefully today you are back up to par.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image is just adorable, Susan and a great one for the challenge. Love the die cut sentiment too and the festive green and red card base. How I'd LOVE to see your stamp collection. You do have some incredible ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image Susan, I just love this little guy at the post box. I'm glad you are feeling a little better after your Vaccination, the first couple of days are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable pup sitting next to the mail box! Your watercoloring is so beautiful!
    Hoping you're well by now.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable card and sorry to hear about your effects from the second vaccination x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.