A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 11 June 2021

Sparkle on Scraps of Decorative Paper

I'm back with a Christmas card today.


This one if for the Jingle Belles Challenge "All Bundled Up" - create a card with lots of layers.  It's not my usual style but I managed to have silver, then white, then the patterned paper collage, and then two layers of the die cut sentiment - that's a lot for me!

The patterned paper collage is done using a technique I saw on SCS.  A good idea to use up scraps of dp! I tore up little pieces of dp and used ModPodge to glue my little scraps down.  So I'm taking it over to the Snippets Challenge at Pixie's Playground.

I added some grid stencilling with silver embossing paste and some tiny silver heat embossed snowflakes. I got a bit too much unwanted embossing powder on the piece but in real life, it is very sparkly! I cut four little squares out of the finished piece and arranged them on a larger square of white cs, then bordered with silver shimmer cs.

I die cut "sparkle" out of white and silver cs and glued them together slightly offset. I went over it with Wink of Stella (the sparkle on the word doesn't show in the photo).









Supplies:
Stamps - tiny snowflake stamps
Ink - ColorBox silver
Paper - scraps of dp, silver shimmer and white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Concord & 9th "sparkle" die, Wink of Stella, silver tinsel embossing powder, silver embossing paste, TCW grid stencil, ModPodge


11 comments:

  1. great mixed media card, love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! What a great way to use patterened paper LOVE the effect with the silver embossings. Beautiful card Susan!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Gorgeous mixed media designer paper collage squares, Susan. Love how you added all your layers and pretty glitter. Your beautiful Christmas card must really glitter and shine IRL. TFS your card and technique, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design and use of bits of designer paper, Susan! I'd say you have lots of layers and schparkle and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously sparkly, great technique and a unique and amazing card x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An awesome mixed media card, Susan! I LOVE the blue collage squares made of dp! The sparkly and shimmery elements give a festive feeling to the card. Thanks for your inspirations!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool technique. Before I read your description I honestly thought that background WAS designer paper! What a great combination of DP you used to create this. What a great design, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is charming and such a fun way to use scraps up. The papers are pretty together and that sparkle is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! what a beautiful holiday card by any standard; but i especially love the way you made the layers work in an amazing CAS aesthetic! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your patterned paper collage is magical ... what a lovely card ... so very glad you bundled-up with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Susan - I absolutely love how you made the background. And I adore the sparkle of course!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.