A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 28 June 2021

For My Best Friend

The Day of the Month Card Club wants us to celebrate Best Friend Day by making a card for our best friend.


My best friend's favourite colour is blue so I used blue foil.  I put the Transfer Gel through the stencil, let it dry for a bit as per the instructions, laid the bright blue foil on it, and ran it through the laminator.

Peeling it off to reveal what is left on the cs is quite wonderful. And it is so shiny! Hard to capture in a photo.

I added a sentiment (unknown - it's been in my stash for years). Then trimmed the panel and bordered it with black shimmer paper.

Day of the Month Card Club "Best Friend Day"
Unser Logo zum Mitnehmen! / Our logo to take away!








Supplies:
Stamps - unknown unmounted sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs, black shimmer paper
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - branch stencil (unknown brand), bright blue Deco foil, Deco Foil Transfer Gel

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, I love the shimmer of the Deco foil. a great reminder to pull it out the Deco foil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blue deco foil for your stenciled branch, Susan. Love your wonderful sentiment for your best friend. She will Love your beautiful card filled with Love! TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, shiny image with the best sentiment ever. This could be a card for anyone and make them feel so cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a spectacular result you achieved with that method of foiling! I never had any luck with the gel. This looks amazing and the sentiment is one of the most beautiful fonts I’ve seen. Your friend will LOVE this card as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for your best friend, Susan ... Susan! :) Love the blue deco foil ... such a gorgeous colour. She will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet sentiment and it fits so perfectly in the foiled branches! Such a lovely friendship card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice interpretation of the topic of our challenge, sometimes it just takes words. Glad you joined us at DotMCC again. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a classy card worthy for your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card for your best friend, Susan! Love the shine and the color of the foiled branches! The sentiment is sweet and perfect!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a striking effect, unique and very eye catching Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous...you BFF has great colour taste lol
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.