A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 1 July 2021

Birthday Flowers

Everything in my garden is ahead of schedule because of the heat wave we've had.  My hydrangea is starting to bloom!  It inspired today's card.

I took a smooshed background (probably Oxide inks) from my UFO box stamped and heat embossed the collage image on top.

I sprinkled and spritzed blue, pink, mauve, and purple Magicals on a piece of mixed media, going for much denser colours than in the background.  When dry, I punched out hydrangea petals with the old Martha Stewart punch I've had for years and glued them onto the stamped flower.

I bordered with white and then with black shimmer cs (to echo the shimmer of the Magicals) and added a heat embossed sentiment below.

It's hard to photograph and capture the shimmer but here's a close-up where you can see some of it:


I'm linking up with the AAA Birthday Card Challenge.



 







Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado hydrangea collage, Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - black shimmer, white, and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Magicals, Martha Stewart hydrangea punch, clear embossing powder

10 comments:

  1. Hydrangea are one of my favorite shrubs, I have the pistachio type but love all colours. Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love the depth of color and dimension of the punched flowers that make up the beautiful hydrangea! It seems like they bloom earlier each year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and shine are just stunning. Great texture and dimension that makes it look so real. I can almost smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a great card and hydrangea, love how you can see all the little individual petals. Thank you for playing at AAA birthday Cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky you are to have such beautiful hydrangea in your garden that it inspired you to make this card, Susan!
    Your paper hydrangea is fabulous and shimmery! The smooshed and heat-embossed background is light pink/mauve, and makes a perfect background for this flower.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this card is stunning with the most beautiful hydrangea and those magicals sure are pretty Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute design with the textures. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layered hydrangea bloom is gorgeous Susan. LOVE the close-up that shows all the beautiful shimmer from the Magicals. Beautiful soft colours for your background. Isn't it great to have a break from those ridiculous temps??!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Susan, this card is so beautiful, love it.♥ Thanks a lot for joining us at our Flower Challenge by
    AAA Birthday Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. how beautiful...wish my hydrangeas looked like that!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.