A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 21 June 2021

Mistletoe and Another Snowman

ABC Christmas Challenge wants "L for Letters or M for Mistletoe" this month.  I went with mistletoe.


A friend (and I'm sorry, I don't remember which one) sent a few die cuts in my birthday card last November including this mistletoe branch.  I smooshed it into a mix of green Distress inks to match a scrap of background cs in my UFO box.  I die cut the background scrap into an oval.  I added the mistletoe to the oval by gluing the top of the stem and using pieces of foam tape to give dimension to the leaves.

I layered it on a larger background embossed with an old embossing folder, added a heat embossed sentiment tag, and finished off with white stick-on pearls for the mistletoe berries.

My second card is another one I made for CAS Christmas' Snowman Challenge.


I stamped and watercoloured the snowman, using the blue for shading the snow.

I used glitter embossing paste through a tiny snowflake stencil to fill in the background around the snowman.

I bordered the panel with green glitter cs and mounted it on red card base.

CAS Christmas









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - various green Distress inks, Versamark
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - platinum embossing powder, Cuttlebug snowfall embossing folder, Spellbinders sentiment tag die and oval die, foam tape,

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co.
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red cs, green glitter cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Memory Box tiny snowflakes stencil, glitter embossing paste






8 comments:

  1. Fun cards Susan, the mistletoe is so pretty with the detailed veining, love the pearl drops and what a cute snowman! Glad you joined us in the CAS Christmas gallery, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mistletoe looks so pretty with the pearls added. A fun, sweet little snowman with his Christmas colors on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mistletoe is so pretty, Susan. Love the green on green and the pearls. Your snowman is super cute, especially with all the added sparkle and glitter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful use of the die cut and love your shade of green. Snowmen always make me smile and yours is no exception. Love all the sparkle in your background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mistletoe is so pretty and I love how it looks on the oval! Your snowman looks like he's doing a happy dance! So fun! Two more for the Christmas stash, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards Susan, I love the simplicity of the mistletoe the die cut and the pearls as berries are so elegant.
    Your Snowman is so sweet, and your sparkly stenciled snow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mistletoe card is so elegant, Susan! Love the shade of green and the beautiful shiny berries. Your snowman is cute and happy, and the sparkle of the glitter paste is so pretty!!
    Hideo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card with the mistletoe. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.