A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 15 June 2021

A Vancouver Snowman

Here in Vancouver, Canada where I live we don't get much snow and, when we do, it's often nasty wet snow so lots of people use umbrellas when it's snowing (which seems very weird to me!).  When I saw this stamp, I thought it was a perfect depiction of a Vancouver snowman!

I stamped and watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched rectangle, popped it up on fun foam on a shimmery blue-grey card base, and added Stickles to those wet snowflakes!

It's my reminder card for this month's CAS Christmas challenge.  Our host, Hideko, has chosen Snowman as this month's challenge.  So please join us with your CAS cards depicting snowmen.  You have until June 24th to link up.  There's lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over at CAS Christmas!








Supplies:
Stamps - TH sentiment, Serendipity snowman
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, light blue shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, Stickles, fun foam

14 comments:

  1. If you have wet snow in Vancouver, then it is perfect that he would have an umbrella so as not to melt him so fast! I think this is adorable!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that snowman, Susan. It appears that he may be one of your vintage stamps and I enjoy seeing you use them. You water colored him perfectly. Wonderful framing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another cute snowman Susan, your colouring is impeccable- love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable 'Vancouver' snowman with wonderful colouring and I like his patchwork umbrella too x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Susan and I like how you've added the subtle touch of blue to the snowman to give him some shadow, super colouring too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute snowman with his fun umbrella. Now I understand why he has his umbrella up in the wet snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwww...love this image Susan! I'm having a hard time picturing people using umbrellas here in Michigan when it snows, but how perfect an image to use for where you live! You've colored this snowman and his umbrella just beautifully, and it totally makes me smile!! Sweet, sweet card Susan!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet snowman, Susan! This is so adorable, especially with his patchwork umbrella. LOVE the gorgeous colour of the card base! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet snowman, Susan! I've never carried an umbrella in the snow, so I hear ya! Beautiful coloring and I love the stitched border! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. An umbrella would work great in a wet snow! I'll try to remember that if I need to go out in a snowstorm. Love the patches on his umbrella and his festive hat and scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun 'Vancouver' snowman Susan! Pretty light blue background and lovely coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, your 'Vancouver" snowman is so cute especially with her patchwork umbrella! Love the pretty coloring and wonderful shadowing of the snowman and the ground. I can imagine the pretty sparkle of the Stickles snow. I don't think I've ever seen any snow or snowman since I moved to LA. ;-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card. I think he’s ready to tackle Vancouver’s winters. Wonderful watercoloring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable snowman. He is so cute and watercolored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.