A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 18 June 2021

CAS Flowers for Sympathy

A dear family friend passed away and I needed to make quick sympathy cards for her two daughters.  My go-to for this is SU's Love and Sympathy set.


I inked up the flower with markers, used grey ink for the sentiment, trimmed with a stitched rectangle die, and popped it up on an embossed background.

The other one is similar but has a different sentiment and a scattering of stick-on pearls:


I'm linking up with The Flower Challenge "CAS".










Supplies:
Stamps - SU Love and Sympathy, PTI sentiment on the second card
Ink - Ranger Archival Watering Can
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tombow markers, SU embossing folder, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam, stick-on pearls

8 comments:

  1. Two simply beautiful and thoughtful sympathy cards for your family friends daughters, Susan. They will so appreciate your cards filled with love. I have the same SU Sympathy set and have used several times over the years. The dry embossed frame was perfect for bring your eye to the pretty flower. I have that folder too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this set and hope to not have to use it soon. Beautiful cards, Susan, working in such a short time frame. I tell myself I’ll have one on hand and never do. Love the framing of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are very beautiful and both perfect for the very sad occasion Susan x. Delicate flower and lovely texture from the embossing folder x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautiful, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the clean simplicity of this gorgeous card. Both are so pretty and I do like the embossing fold on the first one. They will be appreciated, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are beautiful, CAS cards, Susan! I've always loved this flower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear of your loss Susan. The daughters will love the handmade cards so thoughtfully made in their Mom's honour. Beautifully done, my friend! Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about your dear family friend passing away, Susan. Your cards are so beautiful and thoughtful. Love how you framed and embellished the cards.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.