A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 16 June 2021

No Stamping Birds and Branches


A notecard for a friend who loves birds.  Done for Just Us Girls "No Stamping" Challenge.




I have an embossed layer on a white card base, and a white die cut circle image layered on top of the embossing folder piece.

I die cut a circle in the embossed piece to allow the scrap of blue (a piece from my backgrounds box - I think it was done with watercolours) to show through behind the birds. I die cut the circle with the birds three times to give it dimension.

Just Us Girls

 







Supplies:
Paper - white cs, scrap of watercoloured background
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - Taylored Expressions die, Spellbinders circle die, Cuttlebug embossing folder

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant card that your friend is going to love, Susan! The texture from the embossing and the die-cut circle with birds is amazing. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Susan, that design would make a perfect set of note cards- all so elegant. thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the white on white and that beautiful colored background behind the birds die cut. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and can be used for almost any occasion! Love this sweet die and the pretty colored background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of texture and dimension for this card. I love the touch of sky and those sweet little birds. This could be a great anniversary card or even wedding card since it's so elegant. She will love this card for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great texture and love the design and how you cut the aperture Susan. Such a beautiful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant and beautiful, Susan! I love the wonderful dimension and texture. The die-cut and the dry embossing have intricate designs but the white on white setting makes them look so clean and simple. The colors behind the circle window is so soft and beautiful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.