A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 5 June 2021

A Die Cut Bird and a Circle

Playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and CAS Mix Up, and getting a friend's birthday card made.



I started out by creating my background - green and blue Magicals sprinkled on mixed media cs and spritzed with water.  I stamped a foliage stamp on it with black ink.

I stamped and heat embossed the bird, then die cut it.  

On a white panel, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, trimmed it with a stitched rectangle die, and die cut a circle out of the upper centre.

I layered the panel over the background using foam tape for dimension, added it to the card base, and added the die cut bird to the top, popping up its head on foam tape where it goes over the background.

I chose the centre vertical row - "die cut - circle - bird" from the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.



CAS Mix-Up - anything that flies with watercolour as a main element - my Magicals are my watercolour element.









Supplies:
Stamps - Local King Stamp Co. bird, Hero Arts sentiment, Magenta foliage
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue and green Magicals, Local King Stamp Co. bird die, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, Spellbinders circle die, foam tape

12 comments:

  1. I see that your stamped and die cut birdie is looking thru the open window and pondering whether to fly over to the pretty foliage. How did the birdie get inside..lol! Love your Magicals foliage, which I am sure is very shiny:-) TFS, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy
    So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magicals on the background look so pretty and I love how you've done the stamping all in the black. Fabulous birthday card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sweet scene and the background is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magicals background is beautiful. The stamped images in black helps make it pop even more. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little bird that looks like the fledgling wrens that are hopping all around our deck! Great background too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The magical background is so pretty, and I love how you placed the the cute little bird by the circle window! The shimmer of the magical background and the shine of the heat-embossed bird must be pretty in real life.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Susan, love your bird looking through the circle at the grasses. Great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely background Susan for your awesome birdie! Great design and a great card. Thanks for sharing in the CAS Mix Up gallery. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty card Susan! I just read your comment and laughed - I didn't see wallpaper either on my 'male' card until Len mentioned it - then of course I couldn't 'unsee' it! Thanks so much for being the GD in our current Snippets Playground Challenge. If you spy any card/entries which you think would be suitable 'picks' do let me know. I'm merrily commenting and already have a list of four possibles but as you did a lot of work and are being so generous with the prize it's only fair to also give you the chance to let me know if you have any burning desire for an entry or three to be showcased.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card that your friend is going to love Susan! Beautiful background with magicals and lovely paired with silhouette images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE this...that bird is super and so is that fabulous background! Thanks for playing with my Tic Tac Toe grid too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. The background looks so pretty and I love the bird ..... he looks ready to fly. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.