A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Dear You

The CASology challenge has a cue card that just says "dear".  I thought of the sentiment I used on this card:

I used a scrap of background from my box of backgrounds. It was done on a gelli plate with pale blue acrylic paint. I put it and the wildflower stamp in the MISTI and inked the wildflower in Distress Seedless Preserves, spritzed very lightly and stamped, then moved the cs over and stamped off very gently for a very pale second impression. Added the sentiment and some sequins and popped it up on fun foam.

 

CASology Challenge











Supplies:
Stamps - Red Lead Paperworks sentiment, Inkadinado Meadow wildflower
Ink - Distress Seedless Preserves, Archival Jet Black
Paper - mixed media and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - pale blue acrylic paint, sequins, fun foam

5 comments:

  1. This has a lovely arty look Susan. I do love how you used the second stamping to give that lovely faded look and the perfect sentiment. Thanks for joining CASology x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love how you've done the gentle and subtle background, great sentiment and one very beautiful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used this stamp and the soft background too! How perfect to use it as part of the subtle background. Gorgeous colors. The stamp is Inkadinkado from a set called Meadow. It is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Susan. Love the soft background and the gorgeous double stamping of your wildflower. Awesome sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty these wild flowers are, Susan! Your choice of ink (Seedless Preserves) is perfect for the flowers with the light blue sky in the background. The stamped off image is subtle, but definitely adds interest to the gelli plate print background!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.