A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 12 April 2021

Paper Pieced Poinsettia

I don't do very much paper piecing - but should do as it's a great way to use up scraps of dp!  I did this card using two different dps:

I stamped the poinsettia image three times - once on white cs, once on the burgundy starry dp, and once on the mottled dp.  Then I fussy cut and paper pieced the dp over the white stamped image.  I layered it over a dry embossed background, popped that up on fun foam, and die cut the "joy" sentiment (once out of the mottled dp and once out of white cs and glued them together to give the dp more substance.  For embellishment, I added white pearls to the centre of the poinsettia.

Off it goes to:

CAS Mix Up - "Paper Piecing" - I have paper piecing, stamping, die cutting, and dry embossing.


Pixie's Crafty Workshop "Snippets Challenge" - I used up scraps of dp.







Supplies:
Stamps - Stamp Oasis poinsettia
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, scraps of two decorative papers
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black "joy" die, Crafts Too embossing folder, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. Wow you really should do more paper piecing Susan as your card is beautiful, unique and absolutely stunning x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really pops with your poinsettia on that wonderful red dp! It's been a long time since I did that and I love the way this looks. It's so eye catching. Great card for this challenge. I love paper piecing but I'm so not fond of fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect paper for this poinsettia, Susan! Love the mottled green background and sentiment! Love the embossed background! Thanks for sharing this with CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your DP is perfect for your poinsettia and also love that background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful papers for your piecing of this beautiful poinsettia and background Susan! The embossing on your card front is perfect, matching the design of the paper for the poinsettia. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty; I love the combination of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely paper piecing and pretty background and embossing. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful paper pieced poinsettia, my friend. I love your dry embossed background and the pretty paper background for your poinsettia. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up, Susan. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design papers and a gorgeous card with the added detail of the dry embossing. I like how you added the DSP to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Susan - so balanced as well. Have you remembered our 'blog engagement' which is getting closer?

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful papers to use for the poinsettia, and I love the embossed detail in the background too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.