A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 21 April 2021

Vintage Winter Sledding


A very quick CAS card today for a couple of challenges.

 
I added drops of blue metallic ink to coated cs, spritzed with water and let it spread around, and then patted off the excess with paper towel.

Once it was dry, I stamped and heat embossed in black, trimmed the panel, and popped it up on fun foam on a linen card base.

I'm linking up with these challenges:

Christmas Kickstart Challenge - "You Sleigh Me" - sledges, sleds, and sleighs


52 Christmas Card Throwdown - "Winter Sledges"










Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - coated cs, off white linen cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue metallic liquid ink, clear embossing powder, fun foam

13 comments:

  1. That has to be one of the greatest stamps I've seen in a long time! If you ever purge I'd like to get in line to buy. Beautiful job with the inked background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this vintage image, Susan! So pretty on the watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Vintage image with the soft blue watercolored background, Susan. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. it might be quick and simple but so pretty with the vintage image :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautfiul stamp, and perfect for our sledges challenge. Your inky background makes it a unique card. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to color the background and it looks just like a soft winter sky. I love that image because I used to have a sled just like that. We refinished it and my son has it now and stands it up against the house each Christmas. What sweet memories this brings back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely watercoloured background for your beautiful vintage style stamp Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. très mignonne création Susan, charmante ambiance vintage, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely vintage image, perfect against your background.
    Jane
    Guest Elf at Christmas Kickstart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colour combo for this beautiful vintage card. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Susan, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card with a cool vintage image. Perfect for the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made a wonderful background in a simple and effective way, Susan! Love the vintage-look of the sledding image!
    Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous image and beautiful colours! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.