A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 3 May 2021

CAS Christmas Foliage with Berries

Christine is the host for CAS Christmas for May and she's asking us for "Foliage with Berries".  That immediately makes me think of holly so I made this card:


I started by sprinkling a few different shades of green Magicals on mixed media cs and spritzed with water.  I allowed it to air dry and then die cut the holly from it.  I die cut the holly again from heavy white cs and glued the two together for more substance.

I glued it to a square panel of white cs, bordered it with green shimmer cs, and added a simple heat embossed sentiment.

For the berries, I added stick-on red gemstones.  

I hope you can see the wonderful shimmer from the Magicals!

Please come and join us!  Just be sure to follow the theme and keep your card clean and simple.  For more inspiration, check out the CAS Christmas blog and see what the rest of the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Robyn (Waterlily Cards) made.  You have until May 24th to link up.








Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - green shimmer and white cs, mixed media cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - platinum embossing powder, various green Magicals, Penny Black holly die, red gemstones

15 comments:

  1. Susan, your holly sprig is so pretty. I wouldn't have guessed they were magicals. I thought they were some sort of metallic creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the shimmer the Magicals give your beautiful holly Susan! So pretty with the red gemstone berries! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and CAS perfection, Susan! The shimmer and the different shades of Magical green are absolutely beautiful! The red gem stone berries and the color-coordinated borders are wonderful touches too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Susan, I need get some of those red gems, they look wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing glamour from the magicals and a unique and wonderful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that fabulous shimmer, Susan! This is my favorite greenery die and I love how you've colored it and the shiny berries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Susan!! I can definitely see the shimmer from using the Magicals, and your holly looks FABULOUS!! Love the addition of the red gemstones too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can definitely see the shimmer from the magicals ... GORGEOUS!! And the green shimmer paper framing is a perfect match. The gems add even more sparkle. Beautiful CAS design Susan!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous shine you achieved on your die cut. Love the red gems for the berries too. How beautiful this is! I may just have to get some of those magicals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely lovely card! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, this is stunning! Your colors are perfect and such show stoppers! I also love the gems for the berries, they add such shine to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW ~ I love all the shimmer you created with your 'Magicals', Susan! Great idea to use your red gems, too! This is such a beautiful Christmas card and I think it would work well for mass production ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty, shimmery holly sprig Susan, I nearly bought this die recently and am now sorry I didn't! Love the look of the magicals and the red bling fits perfectly as the berries, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shimmer on your holly is amazing! Using gems for the berries adds even more fabulous shine. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous holly card Susan, the Magicals make a wonderful shimmery colour and matched perfectly with the red berry gems, Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.