A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 10 April 2021

Pink Wildflowers and a Kraft-Coloured Bee

After my recent spring flowers, I'm going with a simple wildflower today.

I created a stenciled background in yellow and then stamped the images with a brown ink close to kraft. I then coloured them lightly with Distress markers scribbled on an acrylic block and a wet brush.

I've got the four colours for the current Color Throwdown challenge - the wildflowers are pink, the leaves are green, the bee is kraft-coloured, and the honeycomb and card base are yellow.


 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - SU Nature Walk
Ink - Ranger Potting Soil, Distress Wild Honey
Paper - PTI Rustic and White cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TCW stencil, Distress markers, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the collage feel of your focal image panel. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty honeycomb background and a beelightful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the colour challenge and I love that Bee. Great stencilling too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the challenge colours! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job you did on this challenge. I'd have been lost for ideas but you managed beautifully. Love the design and thanks for the reminder to color on kraft again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS perfection Susan, love your stencil background and just the bee and wild flower as your focal elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty design, Susan! I love how it looks on the rustic card base!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Susan! LOVE the stenciled background. Really perfect for your beautiful wildflower and bee. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the organic feel of this beautiful card, Susan! It looks so natural that I didn't realize that you used the challenge colors until I saw the banners. Wonderful use of the colors!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.