A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 6 April 2021

The First Spring Flowers

My garden was awash with clumps of snowflakes all through March.  They truly are one of the joys of spring.  So they are my choice for The Paper Players "Springtime Flowers" challenge.


Stamped, watercoloured, bordered with a bit of dp that picks up the colours in the image, and popped up on fun foam.

The Paper Players "Springtime Flowers" challenge








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black snowdrops, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - mixed media cs, white cs, unknown dp
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susan! I enjoyed my Snowdrops for the past 2 weeks...always love when they come up and remind me that Spring is definitely coming! Love the dsp you paired with this card too...frames your little beauties perfectly!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just lovely and the coloring to match the colors in the pattern paper looks so soft and pretty. Spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty snowdrops, Susan! Love that you used patterned paper for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your sweet bouquet of snowdrops Susan. Definitely a sign that Spring is here! That patterned paper is gorgeous peaking out from your main panel. I LOVE that stamp set and bought some of the patterned paper too. Have not even looked at it since it arrived ... shame on me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern paper was a perfect selection for your background. Lovely card! Thanks for linking up with our Springtime theme over at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my third attempt trying to leave a comment, so fingers crosse!

    Love snowdrops! For the longest time I thought they were winter flowers. 😂
    Beautiful card. You picked the perfect pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So delicate and pretty and Spring on a card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful, delicate focal image. Sadly we don't get snowdrops here! Fabulous representation of Spring Flowers. So glad you joined us at the paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovey snowdrop card, Susan! Love that the snowdrop's soothing colors are echoed in the dp, and the vertical line of the image is echoed in the sentiment!!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect portrait of springtime, Susan! Your floral designs always reflect your love of gardening. I love that sweet vase of snowdrops, brilliantly watercolored, and that peek-a-boo bit of DSP is sensational! Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.