A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 8 April 2021

Daffodils

Another spring flower card from me today:


Pretty obvious how I made it - stamped, watercoloured, trimmed, mounted on the card base, and bordered in yellow with one of the very thin frames from SSS.  My first time using one of them and they are pretty tricky to get glued down nice and square where you want them - so make sure you use a glue with a bit of wiggle room!  I used the Gina K Connect Glue.

Going to link up with :

The Paper Players "Springtime Flowers"


NBUS Challenge "Never Before Used Schtuff" - my stamps and the thin frame are NBUS

 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and yellow cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, SSS thin frames rectangles

12 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully colored, Susan! Your highlights look wonderful! I hear you about that frame too. I have such a hard time keeping that square and I find it easy to end up with a mangled mess (grin). You managed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this is just the prettiest pot of daffodils. I love your clean and simple display of Spring Flowers. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully colored image! Daffodils are the first sign of spring in my yard and look exactly as you've colored yours! The super narrow frame is really cool and well worth the effort to get it just right! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, what a gorgeous CAS card. I love Daffy's and your card really does remind me of spring. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A beautiful card! The thin frame really sets off your gorgeous coloring! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely spring floral card. Beautifully watercolored and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE daffodils. They are a sure sign that Spring has arrived. Adorable image and beautifully watercoloured Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daffodils are so pretty, Susan! I love the can they sit in and your coloring is fantastic! Connect Glue is the way to go with these thin frames. You definitely need wiggle room to get them straight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely image and a cheery Spring card. Thanks for the tip about the glue Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow and daffodils just scream spring and this says it all. Pretty, pretty card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The yellow daffodils are so pretty and springy, Susan! You did an amazing job of gluing the thin frame straight on the card base! I tried a few times with my dies, but I never got them straight. So I know how hard it is to get it right like this.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great eye for level, Susan. I can see where such a thin frame would be tricky, but it was worth the terror because it is fantastic in yellow to focus the eyes. I love this daffodil image, perfect for spring, and the sweet sideways sediment. Your coloring really brought it to life! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.