A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 18 April 2021

Blue, Green, and Yellow Garden Collage


A bright summery card is perfect for today in Vancouver as it feels like summer - nonstop sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get rid of some of my older stamps so I try making a card with them and if I like the results, I keep the stamp.  Since I like the collage look of this and the fact it has text in the background, I'm keeping it.

I stamped the image twice, watercoloured one whole image, and just the butterfly in the second one - then fussy cut the butterfly and popped it up on the first image with foam tape. Bordered in black and popped the whole panel up on fun foam.

Blue and yellow are my favourite colours so they predominate, but there is some green so I'm linking it up with the Color Throwdown Challenge "Yellow, Green, Blue, and White".










Supplies:
Stamps - SU Garden Collage, unknown sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, black and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam, foam tap

9 comments:

  1. I can see why you're going to keep this one- all the perfect elements in one stamp (script, butterfly and flower) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to decide whether to keep a stamp rather than just looking at it. Sometimes we think of new ways to use it and it comes back to life. This is a keeper with that popped up butterfly and soft color. I like the script behind the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Susan! This stamp is definitely a keeper! I love the added dimension of the popped up butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collage stamp, love the dimension from the butterfly and what a pretty colour combination on your beautiful card. Yes this stamp is a keeper Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! Love that you fussy cut the butterfly making it even better. Your decision was a wise one I had sold my Garden Collage stamps and seeing yours, I regret the decision. You must have a fabulous collection of older stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Great use of the colours. Love the dimension from the popped up butterfly. Good stamp to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great stamp for these colors Susan - I had that stamp and loved it too - but it's now long gone... a beautiful job on this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely a stamp you'll want to keep. It's fabulous and I love the way you've coloured it. Adding the second butterfly and popping it up adds so much dimension. Great design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always hard to purge old stamps and dies for me, so this is a great way to decide which one should go. Thank you for sharing how you decide, Susan!
    The challenge colors on your card are so pretty and summery. I especially love the gorgeous blue butterfly!
    Hideko xx
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.