A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 16 April 2021

Flowers with Lattice

A card using a lattice die that has been in my stash for years and never used.


I smooshed some Oxide inks onto coated cs, let it dry, and then die cut the Alexandra Renke flower dies. 

I die cut a piece of lattice and set it behind a stitched aperture die cut, then layered the flowers over it and added a sentiment banner.

The whole panel is popped up on foam tape to give more of a sense of dimension to the lattice.

For these challenges:

The Flower Challenge "Pretty Pastels"

Seize the Birthday "Spring Flowers"
 

 NBUS "Never Before Used Schtuff"


 







Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Distress Picked Raspberry; various orange, yellow, and pink Oxide inks
Paper - white and coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders lattice die, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, Alexandra Renke flower dies, foam tape

11 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous die, Susan. Love the mottled coloring by smoothing in onto the card. That lattice is perfect for a background and I always loved that stitched opening. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pastel watercolored and then die cut flowers, Susan. I love your die cut beautiful aperture for your flowers background too. TFS your beauty my friend. Love and Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this lattice and the dimension, Susan! A perfect place to plant these pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I love this. The lattice is the perfect place to "plant" these gorgeous pastel flowers. What a pretty card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a different lattice die that I don't know if I've ever used either, Susan, but after seeing your lovely card I will get it out. It looks perfect with the simple die cut flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooooo pretty! take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lattice die cut sure does look pretty behind those fabulous contemporary flowers. Great colours with the smooshing and one very beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Susan, I love the soft colours and the lattice die cut behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lattice makes the perfect backdrop for the beautiful flowers, Susan! I love the colors and visual texture of the ink smooshed flowers!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your smooshed flowers look lovely on that lattice background. Thanks for Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Susan! Love the soft colours you get from the coated card stock. The lattice makes the perfect backdrop. Happy you joined us at The Flower Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.