A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Snowflakes and a Tree

Two cards again today.

First up, for the Sparkles Christmas Challenge "It's Snowtime":


I created my background using a snowflake stencil cut for me by my dear friend, Loll Thompson, on her Silhouette, various blue Brushos, and watercolour paper. Love the colours I got!

I die cut the sentiment out of black shimmer cs, layered it over a strip of ivory cs, taped it to the snowflake background, then bordered the snowflake background with the same black shimmer cs, and used an ivory card base. A random scattering of dark grey gemstones finished it off.


And my second card, for Christmas Cards All Year Round "Add a Tree":


I made a piece of splashed / smooshed background with various green Distress inks on watercolour paper, then stamped the musical background with one of the greens. I die  cut the evergreen, mounted it on white cs, added a heat embossed sentiment, trimmed the panel with a deckle edge die, and popped it up on fun foam.

That's it for me for today - time to go to bed!





Supplies for Card 1:
Ink - Brushos
Paper - watercolour paper, black shimmer and ivory cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue Brushos, snowflake stencil cut on a Silhouette, dark grey gemstones, Memory Box Let It Snow die

Supplies for Card 2:
Stamps - Impression Obsession musical background, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - various green Distress inks
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - evergreen tree die, Spellbinders deckle edge die, clear embossing powder, fun foam, foam tape




8 comments:

  1. beautiful cards mf...well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous snowflakes - love these rich blues! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous but extra loving the effect of the blue brusho's on the first unique and stunning card x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those crisp blue snowflakes, Susan! You got wonderful results with the Brushos. I love how the music stamping on the Christmas tree adds lots of depth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colour for your snowflakes. Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with the snowflake card Susan. Your spray of Brushos is so crisp and clean. Love the shades of blue and your awesome sentiment! Your smooshes tree is gorgeous, especially with the musical stamping. Two beauties! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You probably already know that your snowflake card captured my heart... just love that vibrant blue color! And what a fun idea to stamp the music notes on the tree. Wonderful cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful stencilled snowflakes and card. Great design too, I love it. Thanks for joining us over a team Sparkles Christmas. Hugs Debs DT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.