A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Pastel Christmas Tree

The August challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round is "Add a Tree".  I saw this photo on the internet recently:

It immediately made me think of this Jofy Christmas tree stamp:


I stamped it in Smokey Grey so that there wasn't as much of a contrast between the stamping and the pastel colours (as there would have been if I'd stamped in black).

I watercoloured in colours as close to the image as I could get. Then used a pale metallic gold watercolour paint for the stars. I die cut the panel with the wonky stitched rectangle die, bordered with a pale gold cs, and used a cream card base. I added a few pink, pale green, and cream pearls to the tree.

It was fun to step outside of the bright reds and greens of Christmas!






Supplies:
Stamps - Jofy tree and sentiment
Ink - Versafine Smokey Grey
Paper - watercolour paper, gold shimmer and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, gold shimmer watercolour paint, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, pearl embellishments



10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Jofy stamp and it looks so sweet in the soft pastel-y colours with the gray outline, Susan. This is a fun Christmas card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the inspiration photo from the internet and your stamped image is fabulous. Your card is contemporary and love the colours x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are two really fun cards, Susan. Love the tree made of strips and I'm very fond of that Jofy stamp. It looks wonderful in pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this, Susan! It's perfect for pastels! Would love to find this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the perfect take on the inspiration photo Susan. I agree the JOFY stamp is ideal and love the pastels :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is so cute. A fun tree and lovely pastels. That gold mat is so pretty and adds so much to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did that inspiration photo justice with this adorable card. Such a cool stamp... it’s almost like it was made specifically for this! You nailed the soft pastel colours beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and creative soft non-traditional Christmas colors for your lovely tree, Susan. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card - love the colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.