A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Birthday Butterfly

Seize the Birthday has the option of anything goes or "seizing the toppings" by adding butterflies.


I made a very quick card that would be easy to duplicate and flat to mail.


I used various sprays to create a background, and sprayed a little bit of colour onto a scrap of mauve cs.  I die cut the solid butterfly from that scrap, and then the top butterfly layer from a scrap of dark pink shimmer cs.  I die cut an inverted scallop background piece and the word "happy" from navy cs.





Supplies:
Stamps - unknown birthday                          
Ink - Archival cobalt
Paper - white, navy, mauve, and dark pink shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box butterfly dies, Spellbinders dies, various sprays



8 comments:

  1. It's a pretty purple-blue mix on the background! I love the splatters continue on the butterfly !
    Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty....feels happy too.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background and I love the color of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty color combination, Susan! Love that sprayed background and pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that splattered and sprayed background Susan, just the perfect amount of colour for your butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Susan! This is a great colour combination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Fab background... so much texture and interest. Love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colour combination and what a pretty butterfly and loving the splats x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.