A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 2 August 2019

Colourful Butterfly


Where is the year going?  It's already August!!  Time for the new CAS Watercolour challenge:

 
 
I stepped out of my comfort zone of blues and mauves to make a yellow, orange, and brown butterfly:


I put the butterfly stamp into my MISTI and sprinkled with orange, two shades of yellow, and brown Brushos, then spritzed and stamped onto watercolour paper.  I repeated adding bits of Brushos and water where I didn't get coverage.  I splattered with a bit of brown Brushos mixed with water and stamped a sentiment.  I added a bit of detail to the body and head of the butterfly with a brown coloured pencil.

I added a very thin yellow border and popped it up on fun foam on a dark orange card base to add to the colourfulness (is that a word?).  And a few yellow sequins for embellishment.

Please head over to CAS Watercolour and see the beautiful butterflies made by the Design Team and this month's talented Guest Designer, Amy (of Miss Lomax Art).  You have until August 24th to link up your card.  Please keep it clean and simple, and follow the theme!





Supplies:
Stamps - Indigo Blu butterfly, Savvy Stamps sentiment
Ink - Archival Potting Soil
Paper - watercolour paper, yellow and dark orange cs
Size - A2
Accessories - yellow, orange, and brown Brushos, brown coloured pencil, yellow sequins, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Orange and yellow are such fun colors especially for butterflies, Susan! This is one gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Stunning colors for your gorgeous butterflies, Susan. I love how you added the brown tiny splatters, sequins and your beautiful yellow and red framing. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are colours I never think of Susan, I absolutely love them. Gorgeous Butterfly and I really have to try this Brusho technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Susan!! I love the butterfly image you used and those Brusho colors are all FABULOUS together!! Love the colored card base too...I tend to always stick with white, and need to get out of my comfort zone a little more often too! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you sure did step outside of the blues and this is striking. So bright and colorful. Amazing Brusho stamping technique. I wish I was good with powdered inks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and beautiful Susan. The orange and yellow are so vibrant ... makes a happy card. LOVE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stamping and gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vibrant brusho orange and yellow butterfly, Susan! The yellow thin border and the dark orange card base match the colors of butterfly so well and they're easy on the eyes.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card Susan and love the colours of the brusho's and the water colour effect looks amazing x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.