A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 12 August 2019

Blue with Black Words and Birds

Here's a Christmas card I made:


Blue, as many of you know, is my favourite colour.   And I need to make several cards for my best friend to buy, all with a peace / dove theme.

I made a blue watercolour wash background for my image, stamped it and heat embossed it in a sparkly clear embossing powder, framed it with a double stacked frame to give more dimension, and added it to the cardbase.

It's off to two challenges:

Jingle Belles "Blue Christmas"

The Paper Players "Black, White, and One Other Colour"







Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous Dove Tidings
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, ivory cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue watercolour paints, clear sparkle embossing powder, MFT stitched frame die, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, your friend will love it! Love your background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So peaceful, Susan! Love this dove and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, what a gorgeous watercolor background! this is a lovely CAS card! so happy you could join our "blue christmas" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. your watercolour wash background is beautiful Susan, so perfect for the dove and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soft watercolor wash background sets this peaceful scene. Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect stamp for shades of blog ... so very glad you had a Blue Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your watercoloured background is perfect for your serene dove and showcases all that sparkle too! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, your watercolored background is so pretty! I love the dove and the serene feeling of your card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the watercolour wash background Susan. Perfect with the pretty dove and sentiment in black. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful CAS Christmas card and so very elegant x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.