A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 21 August 2019

A Naughty Dog for a Child

Playing around on a rainy day making a CAS card with a dog that would be suitable for a child.  I think this very naughty dog tangled up in the Christmas lights would amuse a child (I have to say it amuses me!).

I stamped and heat embossed the image on white cs, then coloured with coloured pencils and fussy cut it. I glued it to a piece of white cs.

I die cut the opening in the red card base, taped the white cs behind it, and had the plug on the image coming out of the opening.

It's going over to two challenges:

Christmas Kickstart - "Christmassy Canine Companions"


And the Paper Players CAS Challenge "Cards for Kids".






I really enjoyed making this card!!  Might have to make a few more like it!







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - red and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, MFT peek-a-boo window die, clear embossing powder



14 comments:

  1. I love that image of the dog and the Christmas lights. Such a fun cards for adults and Children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable naughty little pup that made me smile too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute dog that got into mischief with the Christmas decorations. This will be sure to make a child laugh. That is such pretty red card stock with the stitched frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your naughty dog image is so Perfect for the challenge. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to combine the two challenges - what a pefect card for a child! Love how you framed him in red. Thanks so much for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this playful pup is adorable and makes me smile. Definitely perfect for a child. Beautiful pencil colouring. The red is bold and festive and draws you in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute image!!! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, this image amuses me, too! I love how you framed him with all of that red. Such a fabulous CAS card. So glad you joined us at the Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute...would give a smile for sure!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This fun pup looks like he's having way too much fun decorating the tree! He looks very festive with all the red "white" space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute canine! I should imagine there are many dogs who are just as helpful when it comes to putting up the Christmas lights! Thanks for joining my CAS challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hes the kind of pup that you shake your head at his antics but you can never truly be angry at him. Sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet! I love this image ... amuses me too! :) Look awesome with the red card base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The puppy is so adorable, Susan! Festive, fun, CAS card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.