A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 1 July 2019

Glitter, Sparkle, and Snow

I've got a card today for two challenges.

Christmas Kickstart : "Glitter, Sparkle, or Shine".

Jingle Belles : "Snow".

Here's my card:


I took two snowflake background stamps and stamped one on each half of my cs.

I die cut the musical phrase and the two word dies out of silver glitter cs and again out of white cs so that I could layer them for more dimension. And I popped up the whole panel on fun foam.

The glitter cs is far more sparkly in real life than in the photo






Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession snowflake background stamps
Ink - Distress Tumbled Glass
Paper - white cs, silver glitter cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Simon Says Stamp Jingle Snowflake, Winter, and Snow dies, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. What a unique and pretty background. The two different background snowflake stamps look beautiful and the pop of silver looks fabulous. Stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your sparkle on this card. It's so festive! I'll definitely need to get some of that glitter paper for Christmas cards. Love the beautifully stamped background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two snowflake background stamps work beautifully together, Susan! Lots and lots of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Susan, I always struggle die cutting glitter card stock with such delicate dies. Love all the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The combination of different snow stamps join seemlessly with the musical die. Beautiful card with lots of sparkle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Susan - sooooo sparkly! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love blue & silver for the holidays ... so glad you joined us for SNOW much fun at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blue background... love the two different snowflakes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so amazingly lovely! and such a clever technique to split the panel between the two stamps and cover the transition with a diecut! awesome! thanks for having SNOW MUCH FUN with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you combined the 2 stamps to make your background! Beautiful card! So glad you joined the Christmas Kickstart Challenge--Greta, Guest Elf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.