A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 24 July 2019

Lifted Snowflakes

A very last minute card for CAS Mix Up "Alcohol Ink Lift".


I bought the Alcohol Lift Ink a while ago but haven't used it much.  So was glad to use it for this card.


I started by dropping various blue alcohol inks onto Yupo.  As it was drying I rubbed a bit of turquoise foil onto the tacky parts of the AI - you can sort of see it in the photo.

When dry, I arranged three snowflake stamps in my MISTI and used the Alcohol Lift Ink to stamp them onto the Yupo.  I didn't get perfect impressions of the snowflakes but I quite like it.  I stamped the ink I'd lifted onto a piece of white cardstock and will create a card with those positive coloured impressions some time soon.

I trimmed the panel, popped it up on fun foam on an icy blue shimmer card base that matches the colour of the lifted snowflakes , and used the same cardstock to die cut the sentiment.

That's it for today!






Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz snowflake stamps
Ink - various blue alcohol inks, Ranger Alcohol Lift ink
Paper - shimmery ice blue cs, Yupo
Size - A2
Accessories - Tattered Lace sentiment die, Ranger turquoise foil, fun foam



7 comments:

  1. What deep and beautiful colours of blues with the alcohol inks Susan and your lift effect looks unique and so very striking. The ice blue card stock completes the wintery and beautiful card to perfection x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lifted snowflakes are so pretty on that rich blue background, Susan! Very artsy and fun! Can't wait to see the stamped piece from the lift! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking blue tones of AI and so fitting to use the snowflake to lift. Beautiful combo with the card base too. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a striking background. Of course the gorgeous blue colour drew me in. Fabulous job lifting. Beautiful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! I must take that packaging off my lift ink and try this after seeing yours. What a striking card, Susan! It really caught my eye in your bright blues. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Susan! Love the artsy look of your gorgeous snowflakes card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gorgeous blue background, Susan! The added turquoise foil gives the card a festive feeling. The lifted snowflakes are delicate and pretty. Looking forward to seeing a card with a stamped image with the lifted inks. So glad to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery. Thank you!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.