A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 6 July 2019

A Tree for the Sparkles Challenge

I'm behind on my Christmas cards that I need for my November sale so really must get going - and the various Christmas card challenges are a huge help.

Today I'm doing the Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Include a Tree".


I created a background of various green alcohol inks on Yupo.  Trimmed it down to leave a border from the white card base.

I die cut the Tim Holtz tree twice, once from white and once from gold cs.  I glued the outline to the background and then had the fun of getting all the little gold pieces into the right spots - good thing I love jigsaw puzzles.  The sentiment is cut out of the same gold.  The panel is popped up on fun foam for dimension.

Thanks for coming by on a July day to look at a Christmas card!





Supplies:
Ink - various green alcohol inks
Paper - white and gold cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz tree and joy dies, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, great inspiration to use that die cut. Your Yupo background is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous greens Susan, perfect with the christmas tree in gold and white. (Christmas will be here before we know it lol!) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous background, Susan! It's perfect for this gold and white tree! Congratulations on your win last month at Sparkles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card! Gorgeous AI background ... so artsy. Your white and gold tree is so elegant. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Susan, that is a gorgeous background for your elegant tree - love the two tone inlaid die you've created! A truly gorgeous winter in the woods! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful 'jigsaw' card! x. Love the vibrancy of the background colours and that white and gold die cut Christmas tree looks amazing x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Striking background to feature those beautiful die-cut trees. Beautiful green, white and gold colour combo, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a lovely, striking card. Beautiful background Andy die cut tree too. Perfect for our theme over at Sparkles Christmas. Good luck. Hugs Debs DT. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful Christmas card, love the beautiful background and your fab tree! Thank you so much for joining us about at Sparkles Christmas Challenge and I look forward to seeing you again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.