A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Rainy Day Card-making

It's raining so my plans to garden have been squashed.  But a good time to get some cards made!

Here's one for the Less is More "Celebrations" challenge, using their suggestion that we get some cards done for the December holidays.


I always need a few Hanukkah cards so made one of those.


There is a SCS tutorial for making the paper star here.  I used a lovely double-sided decorative paper I've had in my stash for ages.  I topped it with a silver glitter die cut Star of David and added it to a plain white card base with a heat embossed sentiment.

I might make a couple more to use up more dp!!






Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - ColorBox silver
Paper - white cs, patterned paper, silver glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - silver embossing powder, SSS Star of David die



14 comments:

  1. Susan, I love the origami star, your silver adds just the right amount of bling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, lovely dp and a great way to use it, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that tutorial so thanks for sharing it. Love your papers, Susan and the silver Star of David adds that special something to it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool!! Love how that folds together Susan. And the paper you've used is gorgeous, perfect for a Hannukkah card. Love the gorgeous silver glitter Star of David. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love a bit of origami, super make for the LIM Celebrations brief

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Hanukkah card. Love the silver glittery star. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome paper folding and a great way to use up some of that DP, Susan! Love the glittery Star of David! A great Hanukkah card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a striking card with a great design and a wonderful colour combination. Sorry about the rain but glad you stayed in and made this stunning card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty paper star, Susan! Thanks for sharing the SCS link. With the glitter die-cut, you made a perfect Hanukkah card. So clever!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Susan, I love the glittery Star of David! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunner Susan ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so awesome...love the look!
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The Hannukah elements look lovely with the colors you used and the sparkly sentiment is very festive! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.