A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 23 July 2019

Flower Garden Twofer

Sneaking in under the wire for this month's Twofer Challenge "Garden".



I used a stamp that looks like one of my flower beds - a bit overgrown and chaotic!


Here's the first card, a thank you card:

I stamped and heat embossed the image in white on kraft cs and then coloured the poppies with a white coloured pencil.  I cut the image into three even sections and carefully spaced them on a linen card base.  Finished off by adding a sentiment die cut from a snippet of kraft cs.

The second one is a birthday card:


This time I stamped the image in black archival ink on watercolour paper and watercoloured the poppies in red.  I trimmed the panel and added strips of red cs to the two ends so that it would be perfectly centred on the cream card base.  I popped it up on fun foam for some dimension and added a drop of black enamel to the centre of each poppy.

Thanks, Darnell, for a great theme - perfect for me as I'm a passionate gardener!





Supplies for card one:
Stamps - IndigoBlu flowers
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - cream linen cs, kraft cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - white embossing powder, Tattered Lace sentiment die

Supplies for card two:
Stamps - IndigoBlu flowers, PTI sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and red cs
Size - 6.25x3.5"
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam, black enamel liquid dots






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Susan! I love that white on kraft and your split panel feature. Those red poppies are so vibrant against the black and white. I so admire that you are a passionate gardener - something that I am not. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful. I love the white with kraft and the design of the card. The black, white and red is very striking. I can appreciate your gardening as I once melted plastic flowers by setting them on a radiator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful gardens with lovely designs. The white on Kraft split into thirds is so elegant. Love Kraft cards. And the second card is classy in a black, red and white color combo. The pop of red draws you in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your garden cards, Susan! The white embossing on the kraft is serene and peaceful and I love the red flowers among the black and white. I'm sure your gardens are beautifully chaotic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards and the designs are fabulous. The kraft with the white looks classy and the birthday card looks so pretty and love how you've coloured just the poppies. Stunning cards Susan and I love them x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I can attest to that as I've been fortunate enough to see your wild and chaotic and utterly beautiful English gardens, Susan! The stamp you've used is fabulous and I love it equally in both of your cards! The white on kraft is so pleasing and the silhouette in black with the poppies colored and balanced on either side by red strips is very striking! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that stamp Susan, you created two amazing cards :) The white on Kraft is beautiful and the red poppies just pop off the screen:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This fabulous image puts me in mind of charming cottage gardens, Susan ... and you've used it beautifully it both designs! Love the crispness of the white embossing on the triple panel kraft ... and the bold pops of red in the poppies and edging are brilliant with the stylish black! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Susan. Especially like the white on kraft. So striking with the triptych panels. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful garden cards, Susan! The white embossing and the soft pencil coloring look wonderful on Kraft card base. The three panel design is so cool.
    I love that you colored only poppies in red of the second card. The matching red strips on both sides give the card a finished look. The shiny black enamels are a nice finishing touch.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.