A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 22 July 2019

Pastel Flowers, Masculine Christmas

A couple of cards from me today to get into challenges before they close.

First up for The Flower Challenge "Pretty Pastels".

I went with a pastel pink rose:


I stamped the collage-style image of the rose and watercoloured it, including a light wash over the script background. I popped it up on fun foam on a white background embossed with a border of flowers.

Next up is The Male Room "Christmas in July".


And The Paper Players are asking for a Clean and Simple Masculine card.


I figured a galaxy background is quite a masculine thing:


I created the galaxy background using Distress Oxide inks and a shimmer spray. When dry, I splattered with watered-down white acrylic paint.

I die cut the house, added the sentiment, and taped it to the galaxy background. I filled in the windows with a gold gel pen. The panel is popped up on fun foam for dimension.


I hope everyone is enjoying July and that it's cooled down for those of you in areas having heat waves!





Supplies for the first card:
Stamps - Stamplorations
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, Crafts Too embossing folder, fun foam

Supplies for the second card:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, various Distress Oxide inks
Paper - white cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear shimmer spray, AE house/deer die, white acrylic paint, gold gel pen, fun foam





15 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring on your first card, Susan and I absolutely love the galaxy on the second one. That sky is amazing and wonderful job on the splattering! Both cards are so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were on the same channel, Susan! Pink flowers and a b/w Christmas card! I love both of these marvelous creations! That rose is exquisite framed in front of the text with that awesome embossed border! And your snow scene with the snowy night sky is divine! I want that house!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink flower is so pretty, Susan, and I love the light wash on the background that tones down the script and gives a vintage feeling! Your masculine Christmas card is awesome! Love that galaxy background and the sweet cottage on the hill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I love your little watercolour flower image and you matched it perfectly with your embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both beautiful.contrasting cards. Your pink flowers are so pretty and feminine. Your galaxy card so bold and masculine. Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your watercoloured rose with the dry embossed background. Very beautiful and feminine card. Your Christmas card is awesome with the galaxy background. Wonderful winter scene you've created. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gorgeous embossing folder is a wonderful frame for your soft rose. The galaxy is such a beautiful sky for those die cuts in white. I love the gold shining through the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your CAS design with the inky galaxy background. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards and I love the flower with this background and light pink. The embossing adds a perfect touch to the whole card design. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That background is gorgeous and perfect for your white scene. Lovely CAS card. so glad you joined us at the Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card!! I love how you created your sky, and your diecut is perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards! Just love that CAS masculine Christmas card...perfect for our challenge.Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! your Winter Wishes card has a wonderful and peaceful scene, a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our Christmas in July challenge at The Male Room. SO sorry to be late in commenting, life got in the way!
    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Winter Wishes card, Susan! The white die cut is striking against the winter sky you created. Thank you so much for playing in my Clean and Simple Masculine challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely cards. I am especially drawn to the first one--love that image and the way you featured it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.