A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 8 July 2019

Less is More Celebrations

A Christmas card for Less is More's "Celebrations" challenge.




The background was an experiment using some photo paper with Oxide inks and a baby wipe. I smooshed with various shades of blue Oxide inks, drying between layers. When I was finished and the piece was completely dry, I wiped off the chalkiness of the Oxide inks and was left with a lovely glossy background, similar to the Polished Stone technique done with alcohol inks.

I die cut my front panel with a reindeer die I hadn't yet used, added a sentiment, and popped it all up on fun foam.

A nice quick design to use over a variety of background pieces!






Supplies:
Stamps - Make an Impression sentiment
Ink - Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Blue, various blue Oxide inks
Paper - white cs, photo paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box reindeer die, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam, baby wipe



10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the brightess of the shades of blue after using the baby wipe. This die is awesome!! You could make this in all kinds of colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Susan, your blue sky has so much movement with all the different shades. this is such a fun technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Another beautiful background. You know I luv the colour! Such a fun technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and love the effect of the technique. Striking CAS Christmas card and so very pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the other other commenters have said, this is so very prety and the die cut really lifts it

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great sky background for the deer. I've tried this with several kinds of photo paper and it always wipes all the color off. Someone said it didn't work with Kodak paper so I tried HP paper last and it rubbed off too! Yours came out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty background, Susan! I love how the white die cut looks beautiful against this "winter sky"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous and so blue...your favorite color:-) TFS your beauty, Susan. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That background is beautiful! The die is a real crowd pleaser, I love it! Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful CAS card Susan, loving the blue too ;) Viv(LIM GD) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.