A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 12 July 2019

Bright Summer Flowers

This month's Penny Black challenge is "Summer Colours" - they want bright and cheerful pretty summer colours.  What better than a bouquet of beautiful summer flowers?


I coloured the image with watercolour pencils by using a wet paintbrush to pull the colour off the tips of the pencils.  It's a technique that Darnell had us do at the May retreat I was on with her and several other stampers.

I trimmed the panel and wrapped a strip of vellum on which I heat embossed the sentiment around it.  I then popped the panel up on fun foam.  I added yellow and black pearls to the centres of the flowers.

It's going off to a dear friend who is a very keen flower gardener and whose birthday is this month.






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black bouquet, SU sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs, vellum
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour pencils, clear embossing powder, fun foam, yellow and black pearls



10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful bouquet of flowers for your friend, Susan. I am also using my watercolour pencils more now after the retreat. :) We sure did learn a lot this year.

    Love the vibrant colours and the sweet jar they are in. The vellum banner is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardening friend will love this ever so pretty card. Wonderful bouquet of flowers and so beautifully coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bouquet, Susan! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Susan. I tried that technique and it is the first time I felt good about using watercolor pencils. Your flowers are so colorful and perfect summer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely summer bouquet of flowers. Beautifully watercolored. Love this technique, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty floral image that really says Summer. Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Summer Colours' theme at Penny Black and More July challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Susan, what better than a beautiful bouquet of summer flowers! This is a very pretty creation. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More this month for our summer colours theme xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous summertime birthday card, Susan, especially for someone who loves gardening and cut flowers! Very well done coloring with the ends of your watercolor pencils!! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watercolor pencils seems to be popular among Cassetes these days. :-)
    The bouquet of summer flowers is so beautiful and delightful, Susan! Using a vellum sentiment strip is a clever idea, not obstructing the beautiful image.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.