A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 27 June 2019

Reindeer and Christmas Leaves

I've been entertaining two of my sisters who came to visit this month from back east so not much time for creating or blogging.  But finally a chance to catch up with some challenges.

Sparkles Christmas Challenge is "Include a Reindeer".


I inked up the trees with brown Distress ink and the shadows on the ground with grey, inking up and stamping in my MISTI until I got a good impression. I then cleaned the stamp (while it was still in the MISTI), reinked it with Versamark, stamped over the coloured stamping, and heat embossed in clear. That way I had a resist for my background sponging. I used various yellow and blue Distress inks to sponge the sky.

I added a die cut reindeer and sentiment.


Christmas Cards All Year Round wants to see "Christmas garlands, leaves, or flowers".


I stamped and heat embossed in silver, added a small part of a longer sentiment, mounted on a silver card base, and embellished the berries with silver gemstones.  A perfect CAS card for making multiples if one was so inclined!






Supplies for the 1st card:
Stamps - Penny Black woods
Ink - Versamark, various Distress inks
Paper - brown, cream, and mixed media cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Dee's Distinctively reindeer, Tattered Lace sentiment die, clear embossing powder

Supplies for the 2nd card:
Stamps - Penny Black A Berry Branch, part of a SU sentimen
Ink - ColorBox silver
Paper - white and silver cs
Size - A2
Accessories - silver embossing powder, silver gemstones




9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Susan, I must pull out my Penny black stamp and play. That's the perfect scene for your reindeer. I love your sparkly holly, perfectly CAS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scenic card is gorgeous, Susan. That is one of my favorite stamps and love the addition of the deer, particularly his placement at the shadows in the ground . Love the holly branch all in silver, a very unique way to use this. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful Christmas cards Susan. I LOVE the sponged colours for the sunset on your winter scene with reindeer. And it looks as though the reindeer has a white outline, which makes him stand out.

    The mistletoe and berries done is silver is gorgeous! Love all the shine and sparkle. Two beauties, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The die cut deer is perfect for this woodsy scene, Susan! And I love the elegance of the silver bough! Hope you are having a wonderful time with your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that woodland scene if fabulous - and I love the silhouette of the reindeer against all those gorgeous colours - thank you for joining in with my challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. Gorgeous woodland scene. Love the holly, mistletoe berries in silver. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - thanks so much for joining us a Christmas Crafts All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so beautiful, Susan! Love the soft yellow and blue shades with the brown trees. Great emboss resist results! The silver berry branch card is simple and so elegant. The silver gem stones are a wonderful sparkly touch!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That scene is so gorgeous I can feel the cold! Beautiful mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.