A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Snowflake Triptych

Reminder time for CAS Christmas!


Having stepped out of my snowflake card comfort zone with my first card (I went with white and cream), I am back to what I think snowflake cards should be (white and blue).


I stamped and heat embossed the three snowflake stamps on a scrap of cs and did the same with the sentiment on my top layer of cs, out of which I cut the PTI Take Three die.  I set the snowflakes behind the top layer and added to a white card base.

The embossing powder is SU's Dazzling Diamonds - one of the best for sparkle.  Here's a close-up photo with the light at a different angle to catch some of the sparkle:


Please come and join us at CAS Christmas and show us your snowflake cards.  You have until July 24th to link up.  There's lots of inspiration from the Design Team and this month's fabulous Guest Designer, Jane (Onions and Paper).




Supplies:
Stamps - PTI Take Three Winter, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Encore Metallic Blue
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SU Dazzling Diamonds embossing powder, PTI Take Three die



10 comments:

  1. Wow the glitter embossing looks fabulous, love the design of your card and it is really stunning x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy triptych, Susan! Just love all the shimmer to your snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty snowflakes, Susan! I love how you've placed them in the apertures and all that sparkle! The Merry Christmas looks like it's dancing like the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so love blue and white together. Such a lovely card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, great colour choice and love the sparkle from the Dazzling diamonds. Your photo captured it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design for your card and the sparkle is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome colour choice! Beautiful design. Love the sparkle... agree Dazzling Diamonds is the best glitter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pretty squares of blue with the snowflakes fit into the lovely frame, Susan. The sparkle from the dazzling diamonds is fantastic. So pretty with your sparkly sentiment to match. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beautiful vertical design, Susan! The sparkle from the heat-embossed images and the sentiment is simply gorgeous! Great close-up.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.