A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 31 January 2024

Valentines, Houses, and Berries

Sneaking in under the wire with a Valentine card for Festive Friday "Valentine's Day" (I chose red, hearts, and a love sentiment out of their required elements list) and the Tic Tac Toe challenge (I chose the left hand vertical row of heart, red, and die cut).  I'm adding it to the AAA CAS Valentine challenge as well. 

I found the die cut heart that had text stamped on it in my UFO box. It's leftover from this card made back in 2022. So I decided to turn it into a Valentine for this year.

I dry embossed a strip of hearts across the card base, layered the heart on it, added a die cut sentiment, and a small matching solid red heart to the centre of the big heart.

And also sneaking under the wire with a Christmas card for the Jingle Belles challenge "Something Old ... Something New".  I have a very old window die and some old little snowflake dies combined with some new house dies.

I die cut the window out of cream cs and glued it to a white cardbase. I die cut the snowflakes and houses out of kraft cs and smooshed them into some brown Distress inks smeared on my craft mat. Added them to the card along with a stamped sentiment.

And today I have a Threefer so that I can sneak in under the wire once more.  This time it's for My Time to Craft Christmas "Berries".  I'm also adding it to the ABC Christmas challenge "B is for Berries".

It seemed a great opportunity to use up some berry-covered dp.  I paired it with an image that also has some berries on it.  I coloured the image with watercolour paints and cut my focal image with a circle die.  I cut a slightly larger circle out of a shimmer cs that's the closest colour I had to the stems in the dp and the leaves in the image for a border. 

   

My Time To Craft Christmas!

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Wendy Vecchi script background stamp
Ink - Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - white and dark red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box heart dies, Poppy Stamps sentiment die, SU hearts embossing folder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU cardinal, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Speckled Egg
Paper - watercolour paper, dp, off white and shimmery light green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders circle dies

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - PB sentiment
Ink - Distress Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, and Gathered Twigs
Paper - kraft, white, and cream cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Charlie und Paulschen house dies, PB tiny snowflake dies, Memory Box
window die
  



9 comments:

  1. Susan loving the hint of the script on the big heart, which is all complimented by the subtle embossed hearts underneath plus the wee red heart on top. Thanks so much for sharing and playing with us at AAA Cards this week.
    KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red script on the white heart and the little added heart in the centre looks lovely Susan, and the little heart embossed border across the middle of the background together with the red stamped sentiment are the perfect finishing touches. The second with the houses and snowflakes cut from Kraft have a lovely textural look smooshed through the brown ink, and then the Cardinal with the foliage and berries is such a beautiful image and wonderfully coloured and tones in really well with the berry branch dp background..all three tremendous cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your valentines card is perfect with the distressed script. I love the little row of houses such neat shapes and the cardinal card is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your Valentine's card, perfect amount of detail but still looks so CAS! Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those layered hearts. Gorgeous CAS card. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the big, bold heart for Valentine's Day. What a wonderful clean and simple card! Thanks for joining us at TTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with a bird and berries. Thank you for attending MTTCC. Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful trio of pretty cards. I'm especially drawn to the valentine card with that scripted heart and super cute embossed strip of hearts behind it. NJ on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty Valentine's day card. I love that you were able to use something from your UFO box. Well done! I like the strip of embossing to add some texture and dimension. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.