A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Decorating the Tree / Happy New Year

I'm a big fan of the original Penny Black Christmas stamps with the adorable animals in them.  So chose one of them for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Christmas".  I'm also adding it to ABC Christmas Challenge "Y is for Your Choice" and Sweet Stampin' "Christmas".

Stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched square die, bordered with gold cs, and added to an off-white card base.

My Time to Craft Christmas wants a Happy New Year card.  Here's mine:


I started with my top layer.  I die cut the large star and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, then trimmed with a stitched square die, and then dry embossed with a little narrow star embossing folder.  I taped a small square of starry holographic paper on the card base and then popped up the top panel on foam tape over top of it.

It's also going to the NBUS challenge as I've never used the narrow star embossing folder or the holographic star dp before. 

...or Hedgie     My Time To Craft Christmas!Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black, unknown "joy"
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - off white cs, watercolour paper, gold cs
Size - 5.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Glossy Accents, Lil Inker stitched square die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs, Hot off the Press holographic star paper
Size - 5" square
Accessories - gold embossing powder, MFT star die, Kokorosa narrow star embossing folder


8 comments:

  1. These friends trimming the tree are so sweet. Makes me think why can't we all get along? Your star is beautiful and made a great New Year's card. Happy New Year to you, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Christmas card, it's a lovely design and I love that cute stamp.
    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fun PB critters so prettily coloured Susan, and then the bright and beautiful holographic star over the super star border..two great cards! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute scene with all the critters trimming the tree. I see you used one of you new EF on the second, I love how it looks. I might have to get a couple of those thin ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From MTTCC, thank you for 'starring' things up on your New Year's card! The center band of embossed stars is such a fantastic textural effect!!! Superb! Thanks for being so supportive of our efforts at MTTCC! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree ... those critters from the older stamps at PB are so adorable! That is a sweet Christmas scene and you've watercoloured it perfectly! LOVE your gorgeous star with the holographic paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet scene with these critters decorating their Christmas tree! And the shiny star is a fantastic way to say Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't beat those PB images for fun Christmas cards and I love your watercoloring, Susan! Your HNY card is a star!😁 I love that you used a lot of schtuff from your schtash to make it! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.