A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 5 January 2024

CAS Christmas and a Winter Scene

For the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Clean and Simple" challenge and Simply Clean and Simple "Winter":


I used a leftover bit of a smooshed background, a small die, and a vertical sentiment.  There's lots of white space to keep it very CAS!

My second card is for Can You Handle the Pressure? with a theme of "Winter":

The embossing for the challenge is just from a narrow snowflake embossing folder.  The winter farm scene is stamped and coloured with coloured pencils.  It's bordered with black and popped up on fun foam on the red card base.

 Please Help Us Spread the Word ... Please Grab Our Badge








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Rosie's Road Show
Ink - various Distress Oxide blue inks
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - unknown die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Serendipity farm, PB sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white, red, and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Cuttlebug narrow snowflake embossing folder, fun foam

6 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful winter scenes. I like that smooshed background sky. The farm is wonderful with that great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pretty Winter scenes, Susan! Love that border of snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the winter scene with the deer and the smooshed blue piece for the background goes beautifully with the white die cut, and love the vertical sentiment Susan. The second is a fabulous winter scene too using this pretty Serendipity stamp and love the added red and green and the embossed snowflakes across the sky, and the red base card complements it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That CAS card is gorgeous, it gives me the chills just looking at it! Thanks for sharing with us at Simply CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Cas Christmas card. I wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your winter scenes. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along over at Can You Handle the Pressure, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy! CYHTP DT Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.