A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 20 January 2024

Mood Board Inspired Wreath

I was completely inspired by the photo on the upper right of the Peace on Earth mood board (see at end of post) to create this card:

The background is from an advertising flyer - it has faint lines that make me think of the wood background in my inspiration photo.  The wreath is composed of lots of die cuts from scraps of cs and dp.  Stickles are added to the centre of the little poinsettia and a few white pearls are added to represent the white flowers in the image.

We'd love to see your cards either inspired by our mood board or an "anything Christmas" card.  There's lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team at Peace on Earth.

I'm also adding it the 52 Card Throwdown wreath challenge.










Supplies:
Paper - off white cs, recycled advertising flyer, various scraps of dp and cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various wreath, greenery, and berry sprig dies; gold Stickles, white pearls, Penny Black "joy" die

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wreath, Susan!! And that flyer looks awesome as the background ... really does look like wood. Beautiful mood board. I'm surprised your card was inspired by the bottom left picture. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your scraps cut wreath ... beautifully done Susan! Perfect take on our mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty wreath. A subtle background and a clever way to recycle and I like that stick wreath base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous wreath Susan, I love the foliage all on the one side xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, your wreath is so beautiful. I like the brown diecut a lot!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dimensional wreath with so much pretty foliage and berries to accompany the lovely poinsettia, and the twiggy base looks great Susan...a gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like your wreath!
    Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Fabulous upcycling of the background!… it does look like wood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.