A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 8 January 2024

Christmas Decorations, a Tiny Snowman, and Sympathy


Christmas Craft Creations wants to see Christmas Decorations on our cards.  Here's mine:

To create the background for the ornament, I followed the instructions for the first technique in this video - it's basically a smooshing technique with alcohol inks.  Once dry, I die cut the inner part of this bauble and the sentiment. I die cut the snowflake border out of white shimmer cs, put the ornament together, and added it to a mint blue card base with a bit of gold cord to hang it from the top of the card.

Next up, for the Inspired By "Snowman" challenge, I went with a very tiny snowman and the lovely shade of blue of the snowman's coat in the image.

I trimmed a leftover scrap from a gelli print with a deckle rectangle die, added it to my card base, stamped a sentiment, and topped it with a die cut that includes a very tiny snowman.

For a totally different theme, My Time to Craft wants to see sympathy cards.

I masked an oval on my focal panel and shaded with a lighter grey (Memento London Fog) and a darker grey (Vivid Cobblestone). I stamped the image and sentiment in the darker grey, bordered with grey cs, and popped up with fun foam on the card base.

 My Time To Craft!








Supplies for card 1:
Paper - coated cs, white shimmer cs, mint blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - green and turquoise alchol inks, gold mixative, Memory Box snowflake ornament die, TH joy die, gold cord

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - various Distress blues for the gelli print, Distress Broken China
Paper - scrap from a gelli print
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders deckle rectangle die, unknown tiny snow scene die   

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - SU World of Dreams, unknown sentiment
Ink - Memento London Fog, Vivid Cobblestone
Paper - white and grey cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders oval die, masking paper, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. Three wonderful cards Susan. LOVE the AI ornament ... the colours are so pretty. And I love how you added the die-cut sentiment with the same AI design. That snowman is so adorable. Love the blue background from your gelli plate. And lovely monochromatic sympathy card. You've been busy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the alcohol ink background within the pretty ornament Susan, and the 'joy' cut from another AI piece. Then the sweet little white die cut scene with the snowman placed on a super gelli plate piece..beautifully CAS, and lastly the masked oval with the lovely silhouette flowers and a swirly font for the sentiment, and the shades of grey are perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clean lines on your thinking of you card - beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three great cards, your ornament is so pretty with the smooshed AI's, the sympathy card is so elegant, but I think my favourite is the little snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've done this - a fabulous technique that makes that bauble really shine. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful smooshed AI ornament. I like the colors you used. It's a charming little snowman in that scene and a lovely sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful technique for that. ornament and an overall pretty card!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Christmas ornament - the inner part is so effective.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two pretty Christmas cards and a lovely thinking of you card using one of my favorite stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.