A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 4 May 2023

A Window and Some Dogs in a Boat

Addicted to CAS wants to see a window.

 
I found a bit of leftover background (probably smooshed with various Distress inks) in my UFO box. I stamped the Magenta stamp onto it (the sentiment is part of the stamp) in brown, trimmed it down to fit behind a die cut window (cut twice and glued together for more dimension), and popped it up on fun foam.
 
And Penny Black Saturday Challenge wants to see something funny.  I created my own humorous sentiment for it.


I made this card for my niece who has a wonderful English bulldog called Norman. Norman's favourite thing to do is sleep so this image is totally perfect as the bulldog is asleep while all his friends enjoy their boat ride.

I typed and printed a sentiment to fit the scene. Watercoloured the image, bordered with navy cs that I trimmed with my deckle trimmer.
 
    








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Magenta
Ink - Archival Acorn
Paper - white cs, scrap of a background
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box window die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, white and navy cs
Size - A2
Accessories - computer generated sentiment, watercolour paints, TH deckle edge trimmer


7 comments:

  1. Two great cards Susan, and I love the pretty scene using the Magenta tree branches filled with sweet little birds and a great sentiment too, and perfect on your smooshed scrap, and I love the beautiful stylish window shape. The second is such a fun card for your niece with the cute dogs in their boat, and love the colouring and the deckle edge is perfect on the added mat, and the added sentiment referring to the sleeping pooch at the back being her dog Norman will surely make her smile. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Susan, the window looking out on the bird filled trees is so tranquil and the dogs in the boat so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the window looking outside with all those lovely birds in the trees. Perfect sentiment. And great card for your niece! She will love that Norman plays a major role in the design. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view outside the window is so peaceful and I can almost hear the birds. Norman is a hoot and I love that you made the story for the card. Your niece will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely view out of your pretty window Susan - and I just love the fun sentiment you created for your dogs in the boat (I have that stamp - must get it out!!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scene you made for your window Susan! I love that the rest of the card is white which really focuses the eye on that luminous scene. Thank you for coming to play at Addicted to CAS. Love your other card too - really made me smile! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful scene from a lovely window, Susan! Great use of a smooshed leftover background piece.
    The second card is so cute and fun! Love your personalized humorous sentiment! Your niece will love the card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.