A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 20 May 2023

Rustic Sled

This time the Peace on Earth mood board includes a great image of a rustic sled.  I was at my friend Loll's house recently and spotted a perfect stamp in her collection so stamped it off and brought it home to turn into this card for my DT card for the challenge.


It's coloured with coloured pencils, then I trimmed the panel with a rectangle die and then took a thin frame out of the white panel so that the red of the card base can show through.  I went over the snow at the bottom with a Quickie glue pen and added some glitter but it's not showing up in the photo.

I somehow stamped my sentiment upside down on the white panel so had to restamp it on a scrap and die cut it with an oval to cover the upside down one!

Head on over to Peace on Earth to see what the rest of the Design Team came up with!  Here's the mood board for this challenge if you want to be inspired by it - if not, enter an "anything Christmas" card.










Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity sled, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocture
Paper - white and dark red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Simon Says Stamp thin frames die, Spellbinders rectangle and oval dies, glitter

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and you've colored it perfectly! So simplistic but speaks volumes! Well done my friend! Have a wonderful day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you had fun at Loll's and that stamp is perfect for this challenge. That is a great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful image Susan and I love the colouring and the added glitter does show up a little and I can imagine in real life it is really shiny. I think your sentiment plate works well after your 'oops' moment..lol...I'm sure we have all had to do that many times..well I know I have. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sledge so clever and amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage image and card. Good save on the upside down sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sled stamp, and you've colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful image of the sled and love it on the red base

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.