A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 6 May 2023

Pastel Poinsettia

Peace on Earth has a very pretty pastel mood board for this challenge.  I used the colours to inspire the poinsettia on my card.

For the poinsettia, I smooshed Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose pinks onto a piece of mixed media cs and Cracked Pistachio green and Tumbled Glass blue onto another piece.  Then die cut my poinsettia layers and leaves.  I put it together on top of an embossed poinsettia background and added a sentiment on a little rectangle - and stepped out of my comfort zone and put it on an angle!

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board:

You can be inspired by it or you can make an "anything Christmas" card.  Please check out the rest of the cards made by the Design Team over at Peace on Earth and then come and join us!

I'm also adding the card to The Flower Challenge "Pretty Pastels".










Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Distress Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Tumbled Glass, and Cracked Pistachio; Memento
Paper - mixed media and white cs
Size - 6.25x3.25" mini slimline
Accessories - unknown slimline poinsettia embossing folder, Spellbinders poinsettia dies, champagne stick-on pearls

11 comments:

  1. This is so delicate Susan. I love the soft pastels you've used for your beautiful layered poinsettia. Great card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Susan, beautiful pastels perfect for our challenge mood board!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. Those soft colors for the poinsettia just took my breath away. That is a gorgeous embossing folder and a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful die cut poinsettia Susan in those soft and pretty colours and the white 3D poinsettia embossed background is perfect, and love the add gold beads in the centre of the flowers and the coordinating gold sentiment plate too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Love the soft pastel colours. This would qualify for this month’s Pretty Pastels challenge at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! Love the soft colors of the poinsettia and the lovely embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty poinsettia in pastel colors, Susan! The dry-embossed echoing background is perfect. I love how you angled the sentiment! It adds a playful touch to the overall look.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful colour combo with the pale pink and green ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Susan! I've never met a Poinsettia I didn't LOve! and that embossing?? Sure wish you knew who made that!
    BTW if you're still in the mood for pastels, come play with us at The Flower Challenge!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. This soft pink poinsettia is so pretty, Susan! The embossed poinsettias make a perfect "bed" for the pastel one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous color for a poinsettia, Susan. I love the blue added to the green on the leaves too. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.