A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 24 May 2023

Blue (My Favourite Colour) and Pink (An Okay Colour)

First up today, Colorful Options is asking for "Blue" (truly and undoubtedly my favourite colour) and both Christmas Craft Creations and Jingle Belles want "No Stamping".


I used a scrap of background from my box, made (I think) with various inks or sprays applied to an embossing folder before running it through the Cuttlebug.

I die cut the reindeer and joy twice, once out of white glitter cs and once out of scrap cs, glued them together for more dimension, and added them to the background.

My other card is for Double D "Flowers" and Triple B "Birds Blooms and / or Butterflies".


As I said in the subject of this post, pink is an okay colour, but definitely not my favourite!  I do grow some beautiful pink hollyhocks in my garden so this celebrates them and it uses up some of my decorative paper for the background.  In real life, the pink in the dp matches the pink I painted the flowers with perfectly, but somehow the tones are messed up in the photo.

  Please share our badge! GRAB OUR BADGE!    jingle belles








Supplies for card 1:
Paper - white cs, white glitter cs, scrap of embossed background
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black reindeer die, Tattered Lace joy die, snowflake embossing folder, blue sprays

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Local King
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs, Japanese decorative paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Christmas card. The background is so vibrant with the sprays and the glitter reindeer and sentiment are so pretty! Your pink hollyhocks are so pretty ... and so is the patterned paper. Lovely card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that reindeer cut using the glitter card Susan and what a fabulous blue toned background using your sprays and a very pretty embossing folder, and then the wonderful Hollyhocks and the pink and gold paper is beautiful and complements the flowers perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Susan, the blue with reindeer is gorgeous! That background just grabs you and keeps on going. Love it! Your pink card is super pretty with the sweet old fashioned hollyhocks and that fabulous paper. I have certain favorite colors, but I do like ALL colors. Thank you for sharing your flowers with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your inked embossing is stunning ... so glad you joined our NO Stamping fun at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these hollyhocks Susan (they were my grandmother's favorite flower). Both cards are just fabulous. Beautiful inspiration all around! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us over on our Triple B challenge ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your Christmas card is beautiful with the blue embossed background and the holly hocks are pretty in pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome to see your card at the Christmas Craft Creations blog for this month's challenge Susan. I love the glistening reindeer and sentiment and the gorgeous blue hues on the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.