A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 19 May 2023

A Threefer of Flowers, Tea, and Doves

Three cards from me today, getting some challenges done.

First up, flowers for The Sisterhood of Crafters:

I finally used this Tim Holtz large flower stamp - I've had it for a few years! For an A2 card, you can really only use part of the stamp.

I stamped it and coloured it with Distress markers and a water brush. A simple sentiment and a black border and it was done!

Next a card for a special woman in my life (one of my best friends who shares my love of going out for tea and treats) - for Shopping our Stash challenge:


Stamped, watercoloured, bordered with a co-ordinating colour - that's all there is to it. 

And last, (of course, I have to have one Christmas card in here as I really need to build up my stash for my sale), for Addicted to CAS "Monochrome":

I stamped and heat embossed (with a glittery blue embossing powder) the image and sentiment, trimmed with a stitched rectangle die, and added it to a dark shimmer card base that provides a nice frame for the image.

Please Grab Our Badge!  Grab Our Badge! 

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Tim Holtz flowers, sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - mixed media, white, and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Distress markers

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Serendipity Afternoon Tea, PTI sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - SU Gifts of Christmas
Ink - ColorBox True Blue
Paper - white cs, dark blue shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, blue glitter embossing powder


8 comments:

  1. Three great makes Susan, and I love the pretty quite vintage feel to the flowers so beautifully coloured, and then the sweet flowery teapot and delicate teacups with the yummy cakes is the perfect make for your friend who enjoys a cuppa and a nice sweet treat to go with it, and then the delightful dove image using this glittery blue embossing powder, with lots of contrast on the white card with the strong blue of the base card..a super CAS card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fantastic cards, Susan! Love that floral and you've colored it so well! Your tea pot is beautiful and the tea treats make me think of your shortbread cookies! Love the dove! So classy in the monochromatic blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. three great cards Susan, I love that beautiful bouquet of flowers and your tea setting is so sweet. I also need to get going on my Christmas stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got the most beautiful colors with the Distress Markers and water brush. They are so deep and pretty. I love the tea card and would be happy to have tea and treats with you anytime. There is nothing more beautiful than a dove and this card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three cbeautiful cards. I like the one with the pretty flowers!
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete
  7. All 3 cards are beautiful in their own way!! Your tea time card fits perfectly with our theme challenge!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "She's A Lady" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! - Deb Horst, DT #SOS496

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who doesn't like going out for tea and treats? I love the fancy teapot it all looks very inviting. Sorry for the late commenting but Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.