A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 9 May 2023

Animals and Flowers

Animals and flowers - two of my favourite things!  I've got a card for each today.

Sweet Stampin' wants to see animals.  One of my sisters has wild rabbits living in the woods behind her house so I thought I'd make this to send to her.

I inked up my background stamp with various Distress inks to give it mixed colours.

The bunny is inked in brown and fussy cut, then popped up on foam tape with some fun flock added to his tail. I thought the sentiment "adorable" suited him perfectly.

And for Beautiful Blossoms, I used an image of bluebells - they are just starting to bloom in my garden.

I used a Penny Black bluebell stamp. Stamped it and watercoloured it, and then added interest around it with a bit of stencilling through a piece of drywall tape, some random text stamping, a bit of diluted black splatter, and some sponging around the edges of the panel.

A simple sentiment and some fun foam to pop the panel up finished it off.

Our Blog Badge









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black background, Technique Junkies Little Bunny, SU sentiment
Ink - Archival Potting Soil, various Distress inks
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - fun flock, foam tape

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black bluebells, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment, unknown script stamp
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress and Distress Oxide Stormy Sky
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, a piece of drywall tape, fun foam

6 comments:

  1. That rabbit is just the cutest image Susan, and the mixed greens for the foliage work brilliantly. The bluebells on the second are beautiful and I love the dry wall tape stencilling and the added script and splattering and the softer blue of the Stormy sky work well for the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Beautiful cards Susan. I miss living in a rural area, the wildlife was the best part, not to mention the peace and quiet. The Bluebells are so pretty and the added background interest really anchors those gorgeous florals. Thanks for sharing with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several rabbits living in and around our yard. Bruce throws Cheerios out for them and when they hear us on the deck, they hop over and stand up to beg. Your rabbit is so adorable! Your sister will love it! And anyone and everyone will love these bluebells! You found the perfect shade of blue and added wonderful background interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that little rabbit is so adorable in among the grasses and the flower is so pretty with the distressed background ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bluebells and background! Thanks so much for sharing this at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Hope you come back often! xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bunny is adorable! Fun card to send to your sister ... she is going to love the card! Those bluebells are so pretty. Great stenciling with your dry wall tape. Love the random text. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.