A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 29 May 2023

A Sleigh and a Fairy

It's a busy time of year but I've been fitting in a bit of crafting.  First I have a card for Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Include a Sleigh":


I stamped the image and coloured it with coloured pencils. I carefully sponged around it with two shades of blue Distress ink, being careful to leave the pale yellow glow of the lantern. I flicked a bit of water on it for more interest. I went along the ground with a glue pen and then sprinkled glitter on it (hard to photograph, but in real life it's sparkly).

And for Stamping Sensations, the challenge is to add a stencil to a stamped card.


 

This card was inspired by a video by Eileen Godwin.

I masked a circle on white cs and then stencilled around it in light blue. I removed the mask and stamped around the circle with the garland stamp. I then stamped the fairy in black directly on the card and again on a scrap of cs but only the wings. I went over the wings with a Versamarker pen and heat embossed them with Kaleidocolor embossing powder. I fussy cut the wings and glued them over the plain stamped wings. I trimmed the panel with a square stitched die and popped it up on fun foam on the card base. Finished off with blue Stickles and a white Pearl Pen on the berries.

Please take a copy of our badge  Please grab our logo









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Katzelkraft Santa and reindeer, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Speckled Egg and Stormy Sky
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, glitter

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Lavinia fairy and garland, unknown sentiment
Ink - SSS Barely Blue, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Lavinia stencil, Versamarker pen, Stampendous Kaleidoscope embossing powder, Lil Inker stitched square die, fun foam, blue Stickles, white Pearl Pen

8 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards Susan. I LOVE your winter scene ... great colouring with pencils! Your sky is perfect with the snow falling and wonderful way to show the light from the lantern. I LOVE your second card with the beautiful stenciled background and lovely garland. The fairy is just perfect sitting on the edge of the circle with her beautiful, glittery wings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful. Beautiful stamps used. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that lantern on the reindeer and the glow from it. Santa can relax and let him drive the route. Your stenciled card is lovely. The soft color of background and blue stickles and white pearl look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Lavinia card is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Your Christmas card is also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sleigh, Susan - just perfect! Great images and coloring, with just the right sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two cards are great Susan, and I love the quite vintage look to the first and love the pencil work and the sky and falling snow finish it perfectly, and then the cute fairy and the berry wreath and stencilled background are so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great Christmas card with the Santa and Sleigh and your fairy card is amazing. The stenciling and wreath as so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great vintage image, Susan! Love this sleigh and reindeer! The stenciling and that garland are so perfect for your sweet fairy! Love her gossamer wings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.