A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 1 June 2023

Using Up Scraps

It's always good to use up some of my scraps (instead of tossing them in recycling).  And that's exactly what Snippets Pixie Playground and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown want us to do.  My Time to Craft Christmas wants branches or greenery.  And I'm using a new die so it's going to the NBUS Challenge.


The tag was in my leftovers box - I'd cut it out to test out a new die.  It has raised ridges that you can rub over with ink (red, in my case) and then when you die cut it, the colour transfers to the cs and makes the coloured border on the tag.

Then I die cut some greenery from leftovers.  One piece is die cut from a piece of coated cs coloured with green alcohol inks and the other pieces are cut from scraps of two shades of green shimmer cs. The sentiment is stamped in green and a scrap of red ribbon is added to the tag.

The background is a bit of leftover dry embossed cs (embossed with the Sizzix pine branch embossing folder).

Player's Badge    Grab our badge to display on your blog.   My Time To Craft Christmas!

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul Joy
Ink - Distress Fired Brick, Archival Library Green
Paper - white cs, two shades of green shimmer cs, coated cs
Size - 7.25x3.75"
Accessories - TH tag and greenery dies, Sizzix embossing folder, red ribbon, green alcohol inks

9 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome using up leftovers and scraps, Susan!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Susan!!! So festive! Thanks for linking at MTTCC!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty Christmas card with the festive tag.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me, Di and Dudley up in the Treehouse for a beverage of your choice! Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very pretty tag with the raised area inked in red Susan, then the added green pine branches and the embossing folder goes beautifully and all using snippets/leftovers which is great. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ways to use up some scraps, I should pull out my tag die :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! You used scraps very nicely!Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of snippets Susan - and very elegant as well as festive might I add! Why do we Brits say 'Might I add' I wonder? Lovely work.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful greenery and I love that tag with it's red border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool new die, Susan, which has helped you make a beautiful Christmas card! Well done using up those snippets in a creative way and thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.