A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 2 November 2022

Christmas Twofer - Reindeer and Snow

I made a couple of cards today for challenges that are about to close.  First up, the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown's Tic Tac Toe challenge.  I chose the row that says "glitter, pattern paper, reindeer".


I used some patterned paper for the snowy background, die cut a reindeer out of grey cs, trimmed the panel with stitched circle and rectangle dies, added a grey sentiment, and bordered with dark silver glitter cs.

My second card is for the Winter Wonderland challenge "Let It Snow".


I made the snowflake panel by mixing blue Perfect Pearls with gum arabic (the gum arabic works as a fixative and makes the Perfect Pearls powder wet) and patting it through the snowflake stencil onto black mixed media cs.  I happened to have a piece of blue shimmer cs that matched the Perfect Pearls so bordered with that.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and wrapped it around the black panel.  I embellished with stick-on pearls in the centres of the snowflakes.

52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Tic Tac Toe"

   

Winter Wonderland Challenge "Let It Snow"










Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Archival Hickory Smoke
Paper - white and grey cs, Paper Studio dark silver glitter cs, Echo Park dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Dee's Distinctively reindeer die, Lil Inkers stitched circle and rectangle dies

Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - black mixed media cs, blue shimmer cs, vellum
Size - A2
Accessories - Paper Rose snowflake stencil, blue Perfect Pearls, gum arabic, stick-on pearls, white embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. two beautiful cards, great use of the DP in the first and love the sparkling blue snowflakes in the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your elegant deer with the glitter frame. Lovely design, Susan. Your shimmery snowflakes are so pretty on the black card. Two fabulous cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty. I love the sparkle and the shine from the perfect pearls is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.