A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 19 November 2022

Cocoa, Candy Cane, and Marshmallows

For the new Peace on Earth challenge, I was inspired by the images of cups of cocoa with candy canes and marshmallows.


I stamped and watercoloured the image, and then laid a stencil over it and lightly stencilled the leaves in green Distress Oxide ink.  I bordered it with a similar green cs and used off white cs for the card base.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board in case you want to be inspired by it, but if not, feel free to enter an "anything Christmas" card.  And be sure to check out the other cards by the rest of the Design Team.

I'm also adding it to the Stencil Fun Challenge.

LOVE to have you SHARE our BADGE

And to Double D "Hot Beverages"







Supplies:
Stamps - Stamping Bella
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Oxide Rustic Wilderness
Paper - watercolour paper, green and off-white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, leaf stencil

7 comments:

  1. The cutest cup of cocoa I've seen!! An adorably cute stamp and fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan this is awesome! What a sweet image and love how you've stenciled in the background (don't forget about our stenciling challenge ... holler if you need the link).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. That little elf is so cute peeking out from behind the marshmellows. :) Love the softly stenciled background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the mood board, I love your marshmallows and the elf is so cute,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know I love your adorably cute card, thank you for sharing it with us at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and I love the way that you got the Christmas colors on this card. Thanks for playing along with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled you shared this adorable creation with us in so many of our challenges. The inspiration you have shared is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.