A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 15 November 2022

Deer and Music Collage

This post is a follow up from yesterday's post where I used the background created by the first step of Jennifer McGuire's distress monoprint technique.  See this video for detailed instructions.  My first card below uses the second step.  It created another lovely background but unfortunately I shouldn't have stamped on top of it - it would have been far better to put a die cut on top.


Here's yesterday's card to show the results of step one where you heat emboss a background over the sponged Distress inks:


For step two (which creates a second background), I spritzed the first background with water, laid another piece of mixed media cs on top of it and ran it through the die cutting machine just with the pressure plates.  This transfers the colour and the pattern of the background stamp.  If you look closely at today's card, you can see the pattern.  The colours come out paler but still make a very nice background.  Because the second background doesn't have any actual heat embossing on it, I assumed I'd be able to stamp on it with no problem but I think what happened was that the lines of the embossing pressed into the second background and therefore the ink from my stamping doesn't fill in those lines.  So the reindeer and the tree have a design on them!  

I decided to use it anyway.  I trimmed it down, bordered it with white glitter cs, and added a blue gemstone to the centre of the snowflake.

I prefer the results I get from this stamp when when I stamp it on plain cs so I did a second card for this post to show you how nice the stamp is:

 
It makes for a great quick card - simple stamping, addition of a sentiment, bordered in red glitter cs, and embellished with a single red gemstone in the centre of the snowflake.
 
I'm linking it up with:
 
 
NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Stuff (I'd never used the reindeer / music collage stamp)
 







Supplies:
Stamps - Woodware Musical Deer, PTI sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne - both cards, various blue Distress inks - card 1
Paper - white and red glitter cs, white cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gems, clear embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, I'd forgotten about that monoprint technique- Thanks for the reminder xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative card and amazing colours, The end result is magnificent x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to get two backgrounds from one monoprint inking. All your cards are so beautiful using this background. I love the bold image from today ... fabulous cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great example of this technique and I like the pattern on the stamped image! It's a totally different look. Maybe a future zoom project?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cards! I love all three of them. Thanks for sharing with us at NBUS. Hope you continue to share your creations. Bonnie GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.